Transition To Personal And Team Effectiveness
This workshop is designed to achieve quality personal effectiveness and managerial competencies. We will examine a diversity of approaches to expand our effectiveness paradigms. In this, each person will be able to identify and learn areas of strengths and improvements to ensure their future successes.
This workshop will focus on the quality of the interactions and processes towards better understanding of team structure and leading an effective team. This is an on-going process and directly linked to the maturity of individuals in an organization.
In this beneficial and practical workshop, you will obtain a solid framework, tools, techniques and skills to negotiate the outcome desired by effectively navigating the negotiation process from preparation stage to successful commitment.
- Accelerate his leadership transition by applying a framework or tools
- Distinguish key elements of management style and apply them appropriately
- Comprehend and adopt appropriate leadership skills to manage situation
- Provide guidance and coaching to improve employee performance
- Conduct effective performance appraisals and how to manage this process
- Develop effective delegation skills
- Confidently deal with conflict situations and ‘difficult’ people
- Resolve problems and disagreements assertively
- Increase self-awareness and personal approach to conflict
Module 1: Introduction
- What are management functions?
- Three fundamental management skills
- Diagnosing your transition situation – STaRS
- Career transition from individual contributor to contributing through others
Discussion, presentation and self reflection
Module 2: Understanding team dynamics
- Reasons for joining team
- Team development stages
- Strengths and weakness of team decision making
Activity: Lost In Sea, experiential learning
Module 3: Delegation
- What is delegation
- Objectives / benefits
- Obstacles / barriers to delegation
- Factors to consider
- Successful delegation steps
- Levels of delegation
Discussion & self reflection
Module 4 : Leadership style exploration
- Leadership grid
- Factors influence leadership style
Module 5: Conflicts management
- Definition of conflicts
- Causes of workplace conflicts
- Ways to minimise workplace conflicts
- Five ways of resolving conflicts
- Practical approaches on how to navigate conflicts
Video, group discussion
Module 6 : Developing people and managing performance
- Goal setting and performance competency
- Responding to employee reaction
- Coaching for poor performance and maintaining good performance
- Giving effective feedbacks
Role playing, self reflection
New or potential manager, existing manager and those interested in discovering more on team dynamics and how to lead a performing team
This is an interactive training workshop whereby participants are to gain the learning points through self-reflection, assessment, group discussion, presentation, experiential learning and action planning.
Ong Chee Eng
C E Ong holds a Master Of Management (2008) from University Malaya, Malaysia and a Bachelors in Business Administration (2004) from RMIT University, Melbourne Australia. He is also an Accredited Administrator of Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) ® by Australian Psychologist Press & Asianic Psychologists Press (APP) since 2007.
In 2010, C E Ong was awarded Certified Training Professional (CTP) by ARTDO. He is a PSMB exempted and certified trainer (Certificate No. TTT/4705) and has been appointed as Master Trainer for PSMB 5-day Train-The-Trainer Program (TTT Program) since 2011. Since then, he has conducted 20+ sessions TTT Program (in-house & public classes) with total attendance of 300+ participants.
He was also awarded Certified Coaching & Mentoring Professional (CCMP) by ITD in 2013. Senior Professional Human Resource – International (SPHR-i) from Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI) US, since March 2015.
C E Ong has more than 30 years of corporate experience with a multi-national financial institution, covering areas such as Operations, Collection, Finance and Human Resources. He was also involved in Learning and Development (L&D) functions and his last position was as Human Resource –Relationship Manager for Consumer Division of a bank where he handled end-to-end manpower transaction which covers among others; managing staff transfers, secondments, placements, promotion, performance appraisal, exit interviews and general staff matters. He also involved in the division’s yearly Employee Engagement Survey (EES) program and a member of Talent Review Council (TRC). TRC’s main roles are talent management and succession planning.
In L&D, his roles covered three areas on (1) Program Management, (2) Relationship Management & (3) Facilitation. As a Facilitator, he has been certified to conduct a wide range of in-house training courses, from Career Coaching, Career Development, Change Management, Quality Principles, Customers Service to Employee Orientation. He was one of the facilitators assigned to conduct Personal Change Mastery and Change Leadership programs during the following organizational change projects: 1. Merger of banks in Singapore, 2. Centralization of trade processing and other operations, 3. Relocation of call centre.
Besides Malaysia, he has conducted training regionally in Singapore, Brunei and Indonesia and is able to conduct change mastery, leadership and managerial skills, MBTI and HR related topics such as TNA, recruitment and performance management.
He has conducted in house training for OCBC Bank (Singapore & Malaysia), AITI (Brunei), Bank NISP (Indonesia), AmBank (M) Berhad, AmAssurance, Carsem, Columbia Asia Hospital, DHL Supply Chain, Flextronics, Islamic Relief Malaysia (IRM), Malaysia Software Testing Board (MSTB), Mewah Oils, MCIS Insurance, NOL Global Services Centre, Perdana University, Securities Commission Malaysia (SC), Selangor Dredging Berhad (SDB), Telekom Malaysia (TM), Tokio-Marine Life Ins, UEM Edgenta, University Tenaga Nasional (UNITEN), Wolters Kluwer Asia Pacific etc.