Strengthening Your Skills in Convincing, Influencing, Persuasiveness
If you are a manager or executive who is frequently required to influence & negotiate with others or are not achieving your ideal outcomes from negotiations/issues, then this course is for you. The main focus is to develop influencing & convincing strategies that will enable you to be more effective whilst maintaining rapport with others.
This course is also for you to enhance existing abilities in communicating your ideas, messages & objectives & understanding the effect or impact you have on others.
This highly interactive & practical two-day course will enable you to understand & develop your primary influencing & persuading style to enable you to communicate confidently & professionally without undermining your personal integrity. Building a tool kit that will enable you to recognize other people’s primary influencing & persuasion styles & how to adjust your style to move issues & situations forward without pushing, forcing or telling others what to do. From start to finish, this course is about the ‘how to’ approach & is focused on daily issues & problems we all face as a manager of a varied team.
The combination of group learning, feedback in a supportive environment & practical exercises, means that you will leave with a real sense of what you can personally achieve. You will also complete a comprehensive communications style questionnaire & the outputs will help you develop a priority list of your key skills and techniques as learned from the course
- Fully understand your primary influence & persuasion style and how it impacts others
- Develop a strategy that will assist when communicating with others to achieve your ideal outcome
- Use enhanced persuasion skills to act as an opinion shaper amongst your colleagues
- Develop a practical toolkit that will aid handling difficult people & situations
- Understand & apply the core principles of negotiation
- Understand how each different personality & working style is best suited for each different job – how to evaluate & identify each style
- Evaluate & reflect upon a person’s behaviour pattern, motivation & value system
- Master the strategies & techniques for relation well with people at all levels
- Learn how to build rapport, influence & persuasiveness
- Acquire the skills to handle difficult people
- Discover ways to prevent disputes & conflicts from happening
- Learn techniques to resolve conflicts easily & effortlessly
- Master key communication skills & techniques – verbal & nonverbal
- Learn the tactics to handle communication breakdown
- Improve on listening & questioning skills
- Build instant rapport with the people around you
Module 1: DISCOVERING YOUR COLORED BRAIN (CB) – GENETIC THINKING & INTERPRETATION
- Color Brain – how you process & interpret information
- CB impact on your communication & relationship with people around you
- What color is your brain?
- The Colored Brain Model – 4 Colored Brain Processors
- Colored Brain Communication Inventory (CBCI) – assessment, evaluation & measurement
- How does the color brain of others impact on your own?
- Convince & influence according to the other party’s brain color
Evaluation: CBCI Administration. Video: Coloured Brains in Action
Activity: CB Cards “Building A House on The Moon
Colour Brain Business Game
Module 2: EMOTIONAL DRIVERS & NLP MODEL OF THE WORLD – HOW PEOPLE PERCEIVE THE WORLD AROUND THEM
- Understand people’s model of the world – what goes on inside people’s heads
- Discover how to read other’s maps & why “the map is not the territory”
- Evaluate what drives you & others to act & make decisions
- Do you lean towards being more introverted or extroverted?
- Are you more of a thinker or a feeler?
- Understand about yours & others’ perceptions & motivations
- Understand how people delete, distort or filter what you say
- How to overcome this issue?
Game of Sensory Acuity
Card Game to Discover Your Emotional Drivers
Module 3: BUILDING RAPPORT WITH PEOPLE AROUND YOU
- How to build rapport instantly with just about anybody
- How to build influence & persuasiveness within minutes.
- The ability to “confront”
- Why empathy, patience & human understanding is essential
- Getting your basic attitude right & be flexible in your own behavior
Practice Session: Build Instant Rapport
Develop Presence & Credibility
Module 4: USING NON-VERBAL COMMUNICATION TO INFLUENCE THE OTHER PARTY
- Understanding body language
- Creating an impression
- Understanding & using gestures
- Recognizing gestures
- Giving body signals
Team Exercise – Guess Who’s Telling the Truth!
Role Play on Body Language
Module 5: PRINCIPLES OF PERSUASION & INFLUENCE
- Recognizing key principles of influence & persuasion
- Learning how & when to apply these principles
- Understanding how to protect yourself from inappropriate techniques
- Using persuasion to improve your business performance
Video Clip & Role Play: NLP Tools
Module 6: KEY TECHNIQUES IN INFLUENCE & PERSUASION
- It’s never about you – it’s always about THEM!
- How to get people on your side
- Understanding WIIFM – what’s in it for them
- Applying Emotional Intelligence mastery
- Storytelling, personal examples & drama powerful ways to persuade & convince
- Using metaphors, analogies, famous quotes & dramatic statements
- The Before & After technique
- How do you positively influence the atmosphere as you relate?
Group Practice Session: Applications of all the Techniques on Influence & Persuasion Taught
Module 7: COMMUNICATING WITH PERSUASION & INFLUENCE
- NLP hypnotic language – mastering influential language patterns
- Using words & phrases that convince
- Communication at work – why messages often fail to get through “The Barriers”
- 3 key principles in communication to achieve desired results
- Handling communication breakdowns effectively
- Planning & delivering power communication
Group Exercise & Role Play to Get Your Ideas Across
De-Briefing to Analyse Strength & Weaknesses
Practice Session on Effective Communication Tools
Module 8: APPLY THE CORE TECHNIQUES OF NEGOTIATION
- Identifying different approaches to reaching agreement
- Understanding key principles of successful negotiation
- Uncovering interests & objectives: finding out what the other party wants & needs; bringing your interests alive
- Identifying your own & others behavior styles in the negotiation context
- Reviewing the key attributes of successful negotiators
- Utilizing successful strategies & behaviors in a negotiation event
- Master the art of trading concessions
- Building trust in a partnership
Module 9: ASKING QUESTIONS & ACTIVE LISTENING
- Know what to ask
- Choosing the right questions for different responses
- Striking the right tone & showing attentiveness
- How to listen properly
- Recognizing & overcoming prejudice
- Checking that you understand the message
- Responding to someone
- Acting on what you hear
- Why people are not listening to you & how to get them to listen to you
One to One Exercise – Developing Your Listening Skills
Module 10: GAMES PEOPLE PLAY
- Recognizing & handling negative/delaying tactics
- Other specific tactics
- Understanding & removing hidden agendas
- Dealing with difficult people
- Tackling behavioral issues with the other party
- Knowing when to be assertive
Role Play & Game
All business professionals & corporate staff from all the different departments who want to master the skills to communicate in a positive, professional manner no matter what the situation. This course is suitable for all those looking to enhance their skills in influencing persuading, communicating and building rapport.
- Group Discussions, Presentations, Video Clips
- Brainstorming Sessions, Practical Hands on Sessions
- Group & Individual Exercises
- Demonstrations, Role Plays, Games & Activities
- Notes & Hand Outs
- Certified Master Performance Coach (ICF Approved)
- From DC Psychology International & American Institute of Business Psychology
- Certification in Coloured Brain Communication
- Certification in Human Drivers & Motivation
- Certification in Dynamic Speaking
- Certification in Curriculum Development
- Certified Trainer in Emotional Quotient
- Certified Trainer PSMB (Ministry of Human Resources Malaysia)
- Certification in Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP)
- Certification in Hypnotherapy from London College of Clinical Hypnosis (LCCH)
- Attended course on Clinton Swaine’s Experiential Training “Play to Win”, Silva Life System in Mind Development & Stress Control
- Attended courses on Mind Mastery, Laws of Attraction, Napoleon Hill’s Principles of Success, Emotion Through Sound & Movement, Breakthrough Program by Asia works, Communication by Landmark Forum, Money & You, Creativity, Problem Solving, Grooming & Etiquette, Accelerated Learning Techniques, Sales & Marketing, Digital Marketing, etc
Her training incorporates effective evaluation methods, powerful techniques of varied disciplines & practical tools for all her learning solutions. Driven by a passion for delivering awesomeness, she ensures she execute cutting edge learning technologies, share highly relevant knowledge, provide critical & up to date information, deliver time tested methodologies & conduct interactive sessions – all are formulated to achieve results like never.
Her determination & speed in producing training solutions is one of the key reasons her clients keep coming back to her over & over again. Her research, knowledge & experience made Rachel Khor in the front line within her profession.
She loves people development – during her high impact training sessions she is committed, dynamic & outcome driven. She utilizes Accelerated Training methodologies to inspire change & fast results. She trains with her personal brand of positivity, charisma & focus which greatly motivates her participants to achieve greater heights of achievement.
Participants have described her sessions as inspiring, thought provoking, energetic & easy to understand. During her sessions, her ability to be neutral, non-judgmental, supporting the group & upholding its wisdom has allowed her to effectively extract participation in a magical way.
Based on the belief that every individual has a core genius & the ability to soar given the right opportunity; Rachel’s training methodology breaks limiting beliefs, overcomes obstacles & cultivates trust across cultures. Rachel receives rave reviews/excellent ratings due to her dynamism, knowledge & fantastic rapport with her participants. She achieves this by ensuring her training is relevant & solution based – always updated with new ideas, strategies & techniques.
CLIENTS FROM RACHEL’S INHOUSE & PUBLIC TRAINING INCLUDE…
Leighton Offshore, Petronas, Sabah Energy Corporation, Sarawak Energy, Shell, Talisman, BNM, Kementerian Kewangan, Kenanga Investment, Alliamz, Ambank, Affin Holdings, Bank Simpanan Nasional, CIMB, Exim Bank, Maybank, Mavcap, RHB Bank, Public Bank, UOB, HSBC, Danajamin, Pan Malaysia Pools, MAA Assurance, Malaysian Reinsurance, Takaful Iklas, Tokio Marine, ACE, Aneka Insurance, Etiqa, MII, Tune Money, Agilent, Ansell, Bristol, Cahaya Mata, Cameron, Camcar Textron, Cyberview, Dell, Emhart Glass, Khazanah Nasional, Kotak, Infineon, IJM Plantations, Impressive Edge, Jalex, Kanzen, KKIP, Kossan Rubber, LG Aluminium, M Mode, Merck, Mimos, MRCB, MNRB, Minetech Resources, Munchys, Myceb, OYL Industries, Pernec, Prokhas, Royal Selangor, Selangor Industrial Corporation, Samsung, Sara Lee, Scenic Moulding, San Miguel, Sime Tyre, SIRIM, Tencate, Takeuzi, Totokiki, Toshiba, Niro Ceramic, Value Cap, White Horse, UMW, Yeo Hiap Seng, YLI Industry, Air Asia, MAS, Malaysian Airport, KLAS Airport Services, MRT Corporation, Lembaga Pelabuhan Klang, PTP, Westport, Johor Port, TNB, Telekom, Celcom, Maxis, Sunrise, SP Setia, Selangor Dredging, Worldwide Holdings, YLI Industry, IOI, Genting, Hotel Equatorial, Eastin Hotel, Saujana Resort, Subang Medical Centre, Ampang Puteri Hospital, Institut Jantung Negara, Yayasan Pelajaran MARA, Malaysian Export Academy, FMM, UEM, Naza, Open University, Swinburne University, UKM, UM, DBKL, PNB, Iskandar, Attorney General Office, FINAS, Ministry of Agriculture, Minsitry of Defence, Ministry of Finance, Ministry of Health, Ministry of Transport, Ministry of Tourism, Malaysian Navy, Jabatan Ketua Menteri, Jabatan Perancangan Bandar, SPAD, Yayasan Sarawak, etc