Purchasing and Negotiation Skills
These 2-day workshop provides the expediting skill needed by the Purchaser to fulfill their obligations toward the users by securing timely delivery with the most cost-effective price, quality and service standards of the materials purchased. Purchaser would also learn the 3-Power negotiation strategy to obtain the best deal from the negotiation with the Supplier.
- Train as an Assertive Purchasing Professionals that Get Things Done Promptly
- Gain Intensive Purchasing Knowledge and Expediting Skills in cost reduction of purchases and services.
- Develop professional approaches in buying & getting supplies on time.
- Increase Purchasing Staff Productivity and Contribution
- Design practical Purchasing Performance Report
- Learn to purchase the right amount of stock to avoid excessive stock-up in the store.
- Train as an Assertive Negotiator and achieve Company’s objective in negotiation
- Know the unethical gambits in purchasing negotiation and how to deal with them.
- Learn the Art of managing impasses and deadlocks.
- Use Power Negotiating Strategy to get the best price and yet maintain the quality, required specification and service level.
- Maximize your learning by practical case study
Module 1 – How to be a professional Purchasing Skill Expediter
- Learn how to deal with frequent urgent purchase requisition.
- Learn the different types of Purchasing Techniques, to achieve the right price, quality, quantity, and service.
- Set Realistic Performance Goals in preparing for the cost-effective purchasing
Module 2 – How to track Supplier delivery effectively
- Who is the supplier V. I. P
- Ten Tactics to deal with unreliable Suppliers.
- Develop supplier performance report – enhance Purchasing department contribution as a good service supporter.
- Workshop activity: Tactics to deal with unreliable Suppliers
Module 3 – Develop Effective Purchasing Strategy in expediting the Supplies on time.
- Know the strategy of smart selection, sourcing, negotiating, ordering and expediting.
- Develop effective purchasing strategy on suppliers and get your purchase orders to be delivered on time.
- Determine the RIGHT amount to order so that to avoid excess stock lying in the store.
- Workshop activity: Strategy to get Suppliers to deliver on time.
Module 4 – Cost reduction strategy
- Familiarize with the different Cost reduction strategies.
- How to implement the cost reduction without sacrificing the quality of service and products
- Strategize to convert difficult / negative Supplier and that are important to you and win them over.
Module 5 – What is Power Negotiation all about?
- What are the objectives in negotiation?
- When is the right time to start negotiating?
- What are the four phases of Face-to-face Negotiation?
Module 6 – Find out the Three Negotiation Strategies that bring you the desired results.
- What are the Three Negotiation Strategies?
- How to plan and prepare for negotiating?
- Learn negotiation tactics from case study
Module 7 – Bargaining Strengths and Weakness Strategies in Negotiation
- What are the strengths of the Suppliers, Vendors and Contractors?
- What is the weakness of the Purchasing company?
- Learn how to find out the price break down to get a better deal.
- Workshop activity: Negotiation Practical Approach.
Module 8 – Managing Problems in Negotiation
- What are the unethical gambits used in negotiation and how to counter them?
- How to nibble for more consensuses towards the negotiation end?
- How to deal with confrontation, impasses and deadlocks in negotiation?
All managers, executives, supervisors, team leaders, all support & admin personnel who are involved directly or indirectly with sales & marketing, customer service & front desk
Use of lectures, experiential games, workshop activities, role plays and case studies.
Mr. Raymond Foong
Raymond Foong MBA has extensive corporate and academic experience in bringing people together for better performance. His people-centered principles has brought practical results with suppliers and helps to fosters cooperation to get difficult supplies with the right price, right delivery and right service required by the organization.
For more than a decade, Raymond has worked in the Logistics environment, dealing with numerous suppliers, service providers and vendors. He knows how to deal with unreliable suppliers and turn them around to meet the organization requirement. He has negotiated in many procurement deals and is instrumental in implementing several cost reductions programs. He has negotiated deals on spare parts and procuring of sophisticated system.
Raymond will share on how to deal with internal as well as external customers effectively, and how to handle unethical gambits in purchasing transaction, in order to accomplish effective performance results.
Raymond’s career includes the positions as an Asst. Process Engineer, Senior Production Executive, Asst QA Manager, Logistics & Technical Manager, HR & Admin. Manager, Head of Companies, and Director to two companies, prior to become a full time Consultant and Trainer.
Raymond has about 15 years of training experience in the Technical and Administrative management fields. He conducts regular trainings like Managerial, Executive development & Supervisory management, Store & Warehouse Management, Inventory Management, Disciplinary Procedures, Purchasing & Negotiation Skills, Leadership management, Train the Trainers program , Problem Solving and Decision Making, and implementing Kaizen for Continuous Improvements, Now he specializes in Cohesive Team Competency, Colored Brain Communication Skills, Positive Team Mindset and Team Building programmes.
Raymond is certified by the Asian Experiential Educational Alliance (AEEA), Australia in training facilitation. He holds a Workplace Training (Category 1) certificate by the Department of Education Training and Employment, Australia. He is accredited by the American Institute of Business Psychology and certified by Directive Communication as a Certified Trainer and Partner. He is a certified trainer by PSMB with certification number TTT/0185.
He has trained many companies ranging from SMI to MNCs including Matsushita, Empress Hotel, Canon, Gardenia, Multimedia University, Lembaga Air Kuching, GM Corporations, Maltecorp, Saxonia, Asian Composite Manufacturers, Vesuvius KSR, the Tylon Group and many others.
Raymond Foong’s foundation is in mechanical engineering and holds an MBA in General Management from the University of Bath, UK. He also holds a post graduate diploma in management from MIM, a diploma in Information Technology from Informatics and a certificate in Quality Control from City & Guilds, London. He is also a certified Lead Assessor by the International Quality Consultant, UK. He is also a graduate of Mastery University.