How To Be Effective Manager
This intensive two (2) days workshop is a highly interactive workshop designed for managers. The participants will learn comprehensive supervisory, problem solving, time management, leadership skills and many more. At the end of this seminar, your managers will master the core competency of an effective manager and become stronger, more confident and respected person.
- Understand the core management skills
- Apply the right leadership styles
- Know the problem solving methodology
- How to manage time effectively
- Understand how important is building a successful team
- Give crystal clear feedback that their agents will understand – the first time
- Establish your credibility quickly and earn the respect of those up and down the ladder
- Communicate powerfully and confidently in meetings
- Learn the strategy to give feedback
Module 1: Introduction To Effective Management
- The role of a manager
- The challenges facing managers today
- Identify your strengths & weaknesses as a manager
Activity: List your challenges and your ways of overcoming them
Module 2: Effective Time Management, Planning & Organizing (TM, P & O)
- How do you spend your time
- Where is your time waster
- Time management matrix
- Introduce D.O.M.E Planning Method (Diagnose/Objective/Method/Evaluation)
Activity: Participants form 4 groups. 2 groups will brainstorm an assignment using D.O.M.E
Video: The Effective Planner
Module 3: Developing Effective Leadership Skills
- What is leadership
- Why your leadership skills will be the #1 driver of your success
- The characteristics of an excellent leader
- Introducing the Situational Leadership
Questionnaire assessment: All will be given an assessment to find out their leadership style
Activity: In order to understand the power of leadership, we will play a game called “Lead Me”. One person will be a leader and another one a follower. The leader will use his leadership skills to influence the follower to achieve an objective.
Module 4: How To Solve Problem & Make The Right Decision
- What are the problems you are facing
- The Problem-Solving Process
- How to make the right decision
Assessment Test: All participants will undergo an assessment to find out how they spend their time and areas for improvement.
Module 5: Building A High-Performance Team
- Understand why teams are under-performed
- Keys to making a high-performance team
- Building relationships that enhance cooperation among team members
- How to ignite enthusiasm and gain buy-in for accomplishing goals
Activity Management Game: Participants are divided into a few groups to play a game on Effective Team. This is a high-energy team activity.
Module 6: Effective Communication Skills
- Why there is a communication breakdown
- The qualities of a good communicator
- How supervisor can communicate effectively
Activity: Let’s play a management game called “Are You Communicating?’’
In this interesting and interactive game, participants will realize the importance of effective communication, trust, leadership, listening skills and collaboration.
Module 7: Giving & Receiving Feedback
- What are the benefits of feedback
- How to give and receive feedback
- How to apply C.A.N.D.I.D strategy in feedback
Case study and role-play to apply the technique of giving feedback using C.A.N.D.I.D. The participants will form a group of 3 persons. Each will assume the role of supervisor, agent and observer/evaluator.
Module 8: Master The Effective Way To Manage Conflict
- Why conflict happens
- How to manage conflict in a group
- Strategies to prevent conflict for supervisor
- Understand your Conflict Management Style
Assessment: All participants will complete a set of questionnaires to find out their style in managing conflict.
Activity: This management exercise is called “The Conflict Drama”. Participants form a few groups and they are acting out a drama depicting a conflict happening in the sales office or agency suites. The participants will use the skills to manage conflict.
Executives and managers
Lectures, case studies, management assessment, relevant video clips and interactive management games.
- Certified Leadership Mastery Trainer
- Certified Trainer of Leadership Development
- Master Trainer of Leadership Dynamic, USA
- LIMRA Certified Trainer.
- Wilson Learning Certified Sales Trainer
- NLP Master Trainer
- Sun Tzu’s Strategic Planning Master Trainer
- Personal Peak Performance Trainer
Mr. Casey Tee, a 30 years training specialist is acclaimed as one of Asia’s most dynamic and inspiring public speaker in leadership since 1985 and has steadily increased his stature as one of the leading speakers in this region. He holds a bachelor’s degree in applied economics from University of Malaya and a Diploma in Management from the US.
Fluent in three (3) languages, (English, Bahasa Malaysia, and Mandarin ), he is an extremely sought after training specialist both locally and internationally. He is reputed to one of the leading authorities in this region about Sun Tzu’s Art of War, Master Trainer of sales and sales management training, customer service, attitudinal training, and motivation programs. The impact of his lively, entertaining, and creative training concepts has inspired his participants to attain excellence and peak performance in their organizations.
He was a licensed trainer of Leadership International Corporation of the United States of America in the areas of management training programs. He is also a licensed trainer of Sales Management of the United States of America in the area of Management Planning & Execution training programs.
He is also a Certified Trainer on Leadership ,an international training organization based in USA .He has personally conducted Leadership and Management Training for IBM , LENOVA China , BATA Malaysia , PETRONAS , Oracle USA , Huawei , Samsung , Maybank , IBM , IOI Properties , Sime UEP , MK Land , UEM Sunrise Berhad , SP Setia , Gamuda , BDB Land , Panasonic , Sharp , Sony , Petronas, UMW Oil & Gas , Wah Seong , Mead Johnson , Sara Lee , Carlsberg Marketing, PERMANIS , Bank Negara , AIA , Uni Asia , Great Eastern Life , Tokio Marines , MSIG , MAXIS, SIME DARBY, CIMB Wealth Advisors, MAYBANK ,PRUDENTIAL ASSURANCE,CONTINENTAL TYRE , GOODYEAR TYRE ,MEAD JOHNSON , ATOS ORIGIN , HP ,SAP , Motorola, National Panasonic, ManuLife (formerly known as John Hancock Life Insurance), Zurich-MCIS , American Home Assurance, HLA, AIG , Tractor Malaysia Berhad , Ford Motor , Tan Chong Motor , Proton and Axa Life Singapore, to name a few and many more.
He travels the world particularly ASEAN countries, China, Australia and America developing and training his MANAGERS and LEADERS to enhance their performance and effectiveness and to contribute positively to their organizations. He has conducted over 25,000 highly successful seminars and workshops for various levels of participants – ranging from top management, senior managers, managers, executives, sales personnel and supervisors from the ASEAN and Australia Asia regions.
Mr Tee , a NLP Master Trainer is also well-known for his consultancy work to help his clients to increase their productivity sharpening their strategies .He works hand in hand with clients such as Kraft Food , Nutriplus , F & N , GREAT EASTERN LIFE , PETRONAS,CIMB Bank , DRB-HICOM , NCR Corporation , PRUDENTIAL UNIT TRUSTS , RESORT WORLD and many others to increase their competitive edge .
In the last 5 years, he has managed Leadership Training projects successful to train and develop managers in TM, Mead Johnson ,Sara Lee and many others to achieve outstanding results. He has helped to propel Mead Johnson Nutrition to achieve 22% new business growth in 2009 and also increase the market share to be No.2 in Borneo Region. This is an outstanding achievement for the sales team considering the tough market condition and keen competition.
Besides his vast experience in financial services, Mr Casey Tee is also a very much sought-after course leader for many SMIs as well as many public listed companies. His previous participants have described his training program as extremely well designed, highly impactful, effective and practical. Among his many valued clients are Petronas, National Panasonic, MISC, John Master, Caelygirl, Dumex, Bristol-Myer, Adabi Consumer Industries, Ace Canning Corporation, Lam Soon Group, UDA, Ajinamotto , Carrier International, PJ Development Holdings Bhd, Damai Laut Golf Resorts, Carlsberg Marketing, Arab-Malaysian Banking Group, Hino Motor Bhd, Yeoh Hiap Seng Group, Bausch & Lomb, Mitutoyo, Clarins of Paris, McKinnon & Clark(UK) ,PJ Development , Iskandar Development Authority ,DNA Testing Instrument and many more.
His diverse training experience covering Automobile, FMCG, insurance, banking , unit trust , trading and manufacturing make his consultancy work more enriching and add value to his clients.
CLIENTS FROM CASEY’S TRAINING INCLUDE…
- Al Rajhi Bank Leadership Convention in Malaysia in 2007(200 participants)
- Petronas Dealers’ Sales Convention
- Murphy Oil Sarawak Leadership Talk
- UMW Oil & Gas Management Training
- Samsung Dealers Sales & Motivation (500 Pax)
- Canon Sales Convention 2001(500 Pax)
- Johnson & Johnson Management Convention
- Timberland Sales & Motivation2014
- HP International Sales & Motivation Rally in Bangkok 2013(300pax)
- Maxis Mobile Motivation Convention (350 Pax)
- Singapore Tourism Board Annual Presentation Training
- OCBC Regional Management Convention in 2007(300 participants)
- Prudential Unit Trust National Sales & Management Convention (250 participants)
- TM Asia Life National Convention 2005 and 2007(350 participants)
- EON Bank National Achiever Convention in 2006(150 Pax) and 2009(200 Pax)
- HSBC Trainer Conference in 2007
- AIG Sales Congress in 2005 (1350 Pax)
- AXA Affin General Insurance Sales Achiever Convention in 2005(250 participants)
- Namlifa Annual Sales Congress (3,000 participants)
- MSIG Regional Convention and Leaders Retreat in 2009(300 Pax)
- Uni.Asia Life National Planning Conference in 2009(1350 Pax)
- CIMB Wealth Advisors GBOP Speakers in 2008 at Sheraton Hotel , Subang
- Maxis Sales Convention in Kota Kinabalu
- TM Shop Sales Convention
- Mead Johnson 2007 National Sales Convention
- 2009 AmAssurance Women’s Convention
- NIAM 1st Convention in Bangkok 2009
- 2009 Prudential Sales Convention in Kuching, Sarawak
- BSN Sales Convention in IOI Palm Resort 2010.
- UZMA Berhad Leadership Seminar
- Eco World’s Sun Tzu Art of War Seminar 2015
- U Mobile Communication Sales Training
- Carlsberg Marketing Management Seminar
- DHL Sun Tzu’s Art of War Supply Chain Seminar
- Samsung Annual Convention 2015
- DHL Supply Chain leadership Sun Tzu’s Art of Success Convention in Shah Alam
- Cargill Leadership Convention in Shanghai 2015
- Zurich Insurance annual Sales Convention 2015
- CWA Super Consultants Sales Summit (3500 Pax)
- OSK Asset Management Sales Convention 2015
- Tokio Marines Sales Convention 2015
- Great Eastern Takaful National Sales Convention
- Uzma Oil & Gas Sun Tzu’s Keynote Address 2015